January 05, 2010

Happy New Year!

This New Years I ended up working a little later than anticipated so Spencer and I decided to do our celebrating close to home. We went out to dinner at Biaggi's Ristorante Italiano at the gateway mall. The food was quite delicious. Then we decided to go see the lights at temple square again....they were still there, why not?



You can't tell but this is us in front of the restaurant


On our way there on trax we ran into a guy named Nathan. He said he lost his wallet and needed some help getting home to Ogden. Spencer didn't even hesitate to help. We got off at the next stop and bought him a ticket for Front Runner. Spencer also gave him a little extra money because Nathan hadn't eaten anything for a while. I was so proud of my husband for being so willing to help someone in need. While we were both waiting for the next train to come to take us our separate ways we got to talking. Nathan said he asked a couple of people before us to help him and they all turned him down. I was really surprised by that. Nathan then asked a bit about us and seemed to come to the conclusion that we were members of the church. Nathan said he grew up in Manti a member of the church but ending up falling away. He said lately though that he's been thinking about changing a couple of things in his life and coming back to the church. We talked about that for quite some time and about the church. Well, both our trains came and he thanked us quite a bit and we wished him good luck. I was extremely thankful for the experience and the chance we had to meet Nathan. We hope that he got home safely and that some day he does end up coming back to the church.



After this experience Spencer and I shared our some of our feelings and previous experiences we had had with situations like this. I said that anytime something like this comes up and someone needs help I just think what would I want people to do if this was me or someone I cared about. I would want help and I would want others to help my family if they were in trouble. Spencer said you never know what people's real stories are. They might be scamming you or they might actually need your help. He said in the end when it's all said and done and you're looking back at your life that he guarantees that you will never regret helping someone when they were in need. It touches me when I see or hear about people going out of their way to help one another. I just think about it this way: we're all on the same team. Generally, we're all trying to achieve the same thing. When teams work together and help each other out, they tend to do better and achieve more. I hope that whenever we see someone in need that we won't hesitate to do what we can to help.



Anyway, so after temple square we started heading over to the '3VE' celebration going on at gallivan plaza. We had a fun time there. It was very crowded! There was a lot going on though so we found ways around the masses. There was a little ski slope set up and people were going down and doing tricks and what not. It was fun to watch. There were a couple of bands set up. We mostly hung out by the one that was playing swing music. Me and Spencer attempted to dance, but it occurred to me that we haven't danced together much. Ha ha ha....we got a little bit better as the night went on though. At midnight they shot off fire works right above us. Last year they had a long show, but this year they decided to cram the whole show into about two minutes! It was amazing. After everything was over we just hopped on trax and went home. We had a great time in down town. When we got home we drank some sparkling pear juice and watched the Grinch. Overall, quite a great New Years! 




Spencer was excited that there weren't going to be tons of people in the backgrounds of our pictures


Pretty Temple!!!



I realize this is what most of the pictures of us look like. You know what though, when it's just the two of you and one of you has to hold the camera out in front that's what the pictures tend to look like



Luckily someone walked by and offered to take a picture



This is the little ski hill/board park





The favorite band


Happy New Year!!!



It's officially 2010

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this sounds like a ton of fun! Glad you had a good new years! This year I actually stayed awake until midnight so I am super proud of myself!

    So, Hannah is sitting right next to me, and she keeps saying Spencer and Janelle, Spencer and Janelle, over and over and over and over and over again! Sounds like you have a little fan over here! :)

    ReplyDelete