January 02, 2010

Go sugar cookies

While I was growing up, every Christmas I looked forward to making sugar cookies. I loved to decorate the cookies with all the different colors of frosting. I may have enjoyed frosting them more than eating them....wait, that can't be right. I'm pretty sure I enjoyed eating them the most when I was younger.





Well, I decided I wanted to keep this tradition alive with our little family this year. I began preperations by mixing the ingredients and letting them chill in the fridge. Now I'm sure many of you have experienced this, but with all the preperations for Christmas and what not, we ran out of time! I was very disapointed that I wouldn't be making cookies this year, and I was also sad that I wasted all the dough....untill I had an idea. We were planning on stopping off at my parents house on the way to Cedar City, why not make cookies there with the family. So we packed the dough and we were off. We had quite a fun time with the cookies. Everyone was willing to pitch in....even Sarah's family dispite the fact that they had just spent the entire previous day doing the same thing. I guess there's no such thing as too many holiday cookies!




I had to watch that little Gwen. If I left any dough on the counter she would pop it right in her mouth. Tricksy little baby!



While we made cookies Cooper and Paul made orange juice from a box of oranges the Armstrongs gave our parents for Christmas (We LOVE the Armstrongs!!!). Niether of our parents were home at the time so we figured they wouldn't miss the oranges (they never knew they had them in the first place) and that they would love the freshly squeezed OJ

 
I had to be quick to pull up the cut out cookie shapes because Gwen and Hannah just liked to stamp the cutters over and over again in the dough. Those silly babies



The Nathans



Spencer took this picture...good thing Hannah's cute



Cousins :)


Sarah and I had a contest who could make the prettiest face...You decide



Cute Connor with his trains



The frosting of the cookies




I think your cookie is pretty Hannah



2 comments:

  1. Wow! Nice Sideways Pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super glad you put up that awesome picture of me! And I'm saying I win the contest! :)

    ReplyDelete