May 25, 2010

Blog Apostasy

What have we been up to the last five months?....I will tell you

Spencer finished his first year of pharmacy school! Whoo-hoo! Now he only has like 6 more years left...He's enjoying himself though. This summer Spencer will take part in two research rotations. If you care to know what they're researching you'll have to ask him. He's explained it to me but I never ever really understand what he does up to at that school of his. Though, I did enjoy seeing him run across the parking lot in his lab coat and purple gloves today when I came by to drop something off for him. Oh, and I'm still working at LDS hospital in dietary...the end

Our house is still pleasant. We've done quite a bit of decorating. We even painted our living room (picture coming soon!) P.s. frog tape stinks. Just a warning...

Recently, Spencer and I have rediscovered books and how glorious they are. We both ride trax quite a bit so we had to find something to pass the time. Spencer originally thought studying could occupy his time....but that fantasy didn't last long. So books it was. Not only do we read them on trax but we now like read them in our spare time....crazy! I got us a library card. Another cool thing I've discovered about the library is that you can also check out dvd's! We've been enjoying Amazing Race and Man vs. Wild.


With Spencer's schedule it's hard to get away sometimes, but we've managed to have a bit of fun. Over spring break we were able to go down to Moab. We enjoyed camping, biking, hiking...and the most essential of activities: ultimate frisbee. There just happened to be a tournament down there the same weekend as our trip and our Cedar team was gracious enough to let us play. Good times were had by all.


We love love love our tent!!!!


We had a pretty good spot!

Slickrock!!!




Some how I hadn't ever been to Arches before this so we decided to cough up the money to drive though. Luckily there was some opportunity to hike around so we didn't feel too much like tourists....though the hike was classified as extremely strenuous...ha ha ha...people had their hiking poles and everything....oh, funny.


Moab got rainy do we drove to Goblin valley to hike. This is Little Horse Canyon


The frisbee team!


We also took a trip down to Cedar City for Easter. The egg roll was a blast. This has been a tradition for the Judd family for many, MANY years. Basically they make a course out of sand for the eggs to race down. Very very fun! This year we also had a bridge building/breaking contest in honor of Grandpa Harl....his bridge by far held the most weight. It was so good it broke the machine!

Go Grandpa Harl!!

This is Spencer and his Russian bridge

This was my Easter egg team! Go Mario All-stars!


The trampoline
a fight to the finish


 
Spencer has just won the Cinderella race to get into the winner's tournament.....unfortunately he lost the next race and was out of it


Let's see....we also celebrated Spencer's 24th birthday. We went to Rice for dinner which is a sushi place. Spencer has been big into sushi lately...I'm not as excited about it but I don't run the other way anymore. For his birthday I got him Muse tickets so we really had fun with that. They put on a sweet show. Anyway, happy birthday to my sweetie! You're the best!!

 

Sushi!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

MUSE!!!

So basically what I'm getting at is life is grand!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Lots of fun!! Glad to see you are still alive...ha ha....I laugh just because I'm worse at the blog thing then you! :) Lets play sometime this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assume your comment of never been to Arches does not include all the times you went with us and hiked to delicate arch and other arches???
    How did your team Mario fare in the egg roll? Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite the update here! Nate saw your picture of Man vs. Wild and got super excited! I love all the pictures and I love your Mario eggs...but did Yoshi win?!??! He should have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No...Mom, I really had never been! Dad has documented our life quite accurately. You find a picture of me there and I'll believe you...I don't think you can though.

    My Mario team did not perform well...not well enough anyway. And apparently they weren't cool enough to win any of the decorating contests which I thought was a joke because clearly they are the best eggs in the world.....not bitter...the end

    ReplyDelete